Alyssa Nicole is a unique and contemporary fashion brand which I have been admiring since the first collection came out. I’ve been drawn into the ‘San Francisco cool’ vibe and the exclusive femininity in their garments. I catch myself day dreaming over Alyssa Nicole Instagram photo posts.
I’m so pleased that despite her busy schedule, the designer Alyssa Casares agreed to make an interview for my readers. Please, have a read through…
Who is the creative mind behind the brand Alyssa Nicole?
- I am the designer and creative director for Alyssa Nicole. I design each piece in my collection from garments to accessories and style all of the lookbooks and fashion films for my collection myself.
What drove you into the fashion industry?
- I started designing custom prom dresses for my friends when I was in high school and started getting a ton of requests for party dresses so I decided to peruse design as a career. I started my clothing line when I was 16 and I studied design and received my degree in fashion design from The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising San Francisco.
How did you decide to take the step and create your own fashion brand?
- I decided to create my own brand because I was getting so many requests for custom designs. That and support from my friends and family which helped me decide to start my own line.
What’s the philosophy of Alyssa Nicole?
- My focus for Alyssa Nicole is to design collections that embody an element of exclusivity and high quality. I strive to design garments that span from professional to play while embodying true elements of femininity. With each collection, I set out to capture romance by designing ladylike silhouettes and using lightweight fabrics to create graceful movement.
What inspired you for your latest S/S 14 collection?
- ‘White Noise’ was my concept for Alyssa Nicole Spring 2014 Collection. Static and silence has been interpreted into color as shades of white. Metallic threads and shadow chiffon evoke a feeling of diffused noise. The lookbook/fashion film for Alyssa Nicole S/S 14 collection illustrates an atmosphere of dark whimsy executed by romantic styling
What do you most like about being a fashion designer?
- I enjoy seeing my concept evolve into a completed product and then seeing my customers in one of my designs. It’s a great feeling to know my customers love a piece I designed for them.
Plans for the future of Alyssa Nicole?
- I plan on continuing designing my line every season and possibly putting out a resort line in 2015.