Remember the days of poker-straight flat hair? Well, it was fun, but after a while it got a bit boring. And it’s time for something new – naturally straight hair with a fuller, healthier look. The era of the electric hair straightening brushes has begun!
We used to be restricted to traditional salon blow dry and Brazilian treatment involving some nasty chemicals, or in the best of scenarios – a hair-damaging super heated flat iron to use at home. Well ladies, now we have an alternative – an electrical hair straightening brush.
After a thorough research, I purchased mine from Irresistable Me and got myself experimenting with it so I can provide you with my full review. It really is the new kid on the block that everyone is talking about. Now I’ll tell you why…
Jade hair straightening brush
The Irresistible Me Jade with 3D technology for multiple contact points and special ceramic tourmaline heating surface gives quick and effortless straight hair without the unwanted heat damage.
was $69 NOW $45
The Jade hair straightening brush offers a whole list of amazing features:
- Superior ergonomics and perfect bristle thickness distance, eliminate hair snags.
- A quality ceramic and tourmaline heating surface, three times that of a normal flat iron, enables quick straightening of larger sections of hair at a time.
- The ultra-fast recovery technology maintains a constant high temperature during use, while the tourmaline infusion emits rich amounts of negative ions to moisturize and hydrate the hair
- Multiple temperature settings, ranging from 130℃ (270℉) to 230℃ (450℉).
- Anti-scald and anti-static for virtually no hair damage
- LCD screen display and microprocessor control
- Universal voltage – you can take your brush with you everywhere; from NY to Paris and Sydney (the only thing you will need is a plug adapter as it comes with an American plug)
- Very light and comes in a beautifully designed box with magnetic closure that you can use to store its
long swivel cord.
- Auto shut-off function
Before I can tell you what I think of the Irresistible Me Jade brush, I need to give you a picture of what my hair is like. I’ve got a very thin, almost fragile, naturally straight hair. Although I don’t have any curls, I wake up every morning to knotted messy hair, with frizz in all possible directions.
Before using the Jade brush, I apply my all-time favourite KeraStraight Ultimate Oil (reviewed here). I’ve seen the oil working miracles even on mixed raced curly hair, so I always have a bottle of it on my dressing table. It protects the hair when heated, hydrates it and makes it super easy to detangle even the most stubborn knots.
My experience with Jade
As I mentioned my hair is very thin, so I use the Jade brush at its lower to mid temperature range – 130 to 180 ℃. I like it that you can change the setting to show ℃ or ℉ by clicking both the + and – buttons in the same time.
You can’t and you shouldn’t use the hair straightening brush on wet hair – it says it in the booklet, but I tried anyway. It’s not a hair drier. It’s best to use it on fully dry hair, but on very lightly damp hair is also an option. I find this very good, because it means you don’t have to always come out of the shower in order to brush your hair straight – you can use it literally every day before going out.
The brush gets to the desired temperature within seconds and keeps it stable. It only takes me a minute to brush my hair and have that naturally straight, but full bodied look. The frizz disappears too!
Unlike the flat irons which hold the strands closed between the plates at very high temperatures, the Jade brush is open and doesn’t burn or damage the hair. You can also play with the direction of brushing and even curl the edges out or in.
The brush bristles are long enough to keep the heat away from your scalp, which makes it a mission impossible to burn yourself (even if you tried). The thickness provides a very good volume from the top of the head to the edge of your hair.
I’m seriously impressed by the Jade hair straightening brush and can talk about it for hours. It’s ideal for styling your hair on the run and keeps your look natural and frizz-free.