Ready or not, the autumn kicked off. If you’re asking me, I wasn’t ready at all and to me it felt like the winter crashed upon us in September.
It didn’t help spending 5 weeks of summer in Bulgaria where it was between 28 and 38 °C depending on where in the country. It dropped up to about 25 in September and everyone was complaining that it was so cold. A few days later we flew back to London to be welcomed by rain, wind and no more than 13-15 °C. You’d understand why I feel I jumped straight into the winter season.
Anyway… not complaining about the weather any more. Been living long enough in England to learn how every conversation starts with a chat about the weather. Now, I want to prepare you for the autumn season and introduce you to the trends I like.
Reading a tone of magazines, browsing through many brands websites and fashion blogs, I got the picture about the new coming trends. I’ve never been too keen to follow the trends strictly – I’d rather pick the things I like and combine them with my style. So here are the things that I like and you’d probably see me wearing in the next few months.
- Pencil skirts – any type, any colour, denim silk, woolen, short, medium… as long as it is pencil-shaped, than it’s this season!
- Biker jackets – in any modification. You can even extend it to a biker coat as they have done in Next or pick a classy model but in a irregular colour.
- Comfy knit – knit jumpers are always in fashion in my wardrobe. In the cold seasons they come really handy and now you can experiment with anything – cute crop jumper over a shirt or an oversized fluffy one which keeps you warm and cozy.
- Cape coats – it seems like they tried to step in last year, but this one they are in their full bloom. You can choose your style and length, trendy pattern or a flat color with a mixture of textures. I’m not quite sure how this would look on my tiny-self, but I’m definitely going to check in the fitting room and might even get one.
- Over the knee boots – well, I first saw a pair from the new H&M collection in a magazine and fell in love with them. Then I saw them on a few fashion blogs and other websites, so I’m determined to find a pair for myself this year. They make the silhouette so much longer and look so chic!
- Buckled booties – maybe some of you have already learnt about my little shoe obsession. These booties though need special attention! Last year we were all wearing western boots, but now they have turned into a piece of art with buckles. They are so many on the market, that I can’t even choose yet – pointy ones, bikers, stilettos… One thing is certain – they all look so sexy and trendy!
- Wild prints – this autumn/winter we can take our feminine wild side out with prints. Wear them anywhere – they are no rules: on the shoes or the purse, jacket or a top, jeans… wherever you feel like. You can choose between classy skin pattern to artistic animals drawings – just be wild!
- Florals – they are so awfully feminine and even if a cliche, I still love wearing florals in all different shapes and types. You can try them on your blazer, a shirt or a cardi, as well as on handbags or skirts and jeans.
- Checks – unusual and common ones, checks are just so in trend right now. You don’t need to be a punk to wear them wherever you like: on your shirt, coat, leggings or a handbag. You’ve got lots of options to choose from.
What are your favourites for this season? Are you going to try new trends and garments? I’d like to hear from you! 🙂